Facts and Figures
If you’re visiting our website with the view to buying a defibrillator, then you are on the first step of the ladder to making your environment heart safe.
- 270 children die in the UK every year after suffering a Sudden Cardiac Arrest at school
- Approximately 30,000 Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests occur every year in the UK
- Approximately 80% of Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests occur at Home; 20% will occur in public places
- Without immediate treatment, 90-95% of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims will die
- The emergency services average response time to a cardiac event related incident in an urban area is 11 minutes
- If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed within 3-5 minutes of cardiac arrest, their chance of survival increases from 6% to 74%
- Only 22% of people in the UK would be confident in performing CPR on a stranger
- For every minute that goes by where a victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest does not receive treatment, their chance of survival decreases by 10%
If you would like to learn more about the heart, cardiac arrest, defibrillators and everything in between, you could always check out our recently updated and rebooted FAQ page which features a whole host of informative videos.
If you have a question regarding any of our products or have any questions regarding how you can become a Heart Safe environment, you can get in touch with the knowledgable defibshop team by calling 0845 071 0830 or you can fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.