In 2006, the Resuscitation Council (UK) advised advised all medical environments to fit an AED. At any practice or surgery, the life-saving device should be nearby if a patient suffers a cardiac arrest.
"All practices should acquire an AED" - Resuscitation Council.
Why defibrillators are essential
Defibrillators are an essential piece of equipment in the life saving process after someone has suffered a sudden cardiac arrest. Paired with effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), a defibrillator is the only form of treatment for someone who has suffered an SCA.
For every minute without defibrillation, a person loses 10% of their chances of survival. If administered within 60 seconds of a cardiac event it can boost survival chances to 90%.
We know that finding the right defibrillator for your needs can be a tricky quest. With so many makes and models to choose from, we put our heads together and came up with a list of defib units best suited for medical professionals.
Our ECG and Pro range is for the professionals. These defibrillators boast extra features which help doctors and medical pros analyse heart data during the resuscitation period and post cardiac event.
This information can even help determine the cause and the state of the heart post cardiac arrest - allowing doctors to provide the right aftercare and an effective recovery process.
If you would like more information regarding our medical professional defibrillator packages, you can call the defibshop team on 0800 470 4847 and we’ll be happy to help. Or you can fill out one of our contact forms and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.