Maintenance & Servicing
Defibrillators save lives. In order to do so, they must be in working condition. The long-term maintenance of your life-saving device(s) is essential - without this, you run the risk of potential defibrillator failures.
More than 1,000 Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) deaths have previously been linked to the failure of a defibrillator. Battery failure accounted for almost one-quarter of these failures. Problems with pads and connectors also accounted for reasons why defibrillators were unable to provide treatment in a cardiac emergency. Maintaining your defibrillator is just as important as it is to own one.
Our annual AED service is available to anyone who owns a defibrillator, whether it was purchased from us or not. During a service, a member of our service team will come to your premises and carry out some physical and visual checks on your defibrillator.
The comprehensive checks include;
- A visual check to ensure that the unit has full functionality and the is no damage to the case, screen, buttons and connections.
- Battery and pad check for installation date and when replacements are due
- A check of the pad terminal to make sure it is functioning and clear of debris
- Confirmation that the pads attached are suitable to the model and in good condition
- A check to see if the defibrillator will administer a shock correctly - unit is connected to a simulator which produces a simulated heart wave. The defibrillator must administer a shock, at the right energy level, when appropriate (shockable heart rhythm, VF or VT) and not administer a shock when appropriate (no heart rhythm) to pass the test.
Installation is available upon purchasing your defibrillator to ensure it gets set up correctly and is ready for use. Our installation ensures your defibrillator and indoor storage solution is set up correctly.
The following is included with installation;
- Defibrillator installation
- Indoor storage solution
- Electrode pad set up
- Battery set up
PLEASE NOTE: If electricity is required you will need to provide your own electrician.